REGISTER YOUR TAMASKAN LITTER
ITR Breeders: please download and fill out the ITR Litter Registration Form:
Then email it back to the ITR Registrars.
(If you are not yet registered as an ITR Breeder, please see the Breeder Registration page.)
In order for your ITR registration numbers to be issued, you must first pay the Litter Registration fee:
(For more info about the cost of Litter Registration, please see the Current Fees page.)
Pay for Litter Registration (EUROPE):
Pay for Litter Registration (USA):
Pay for Litter Registration (CANADA):
Pay for Litter Registration (AUSTRALIA):
If you need your Litter ITR registration numbers to be issued ASAP (for instance, so that you can collect DNA samples from newborn puppies for Neogen GeneSeek or MyDogDNA, etc) please send the payment along with the ITR Litter Registration Form (filled out with as much info as possible). Once the individual owners have been assigned, at a later date, you may complete the ITR Litter Registration Form with any missing information (such as: assigned owners’ names and their addresses/contact info, etc) and then email the new/updated/finished version to the ITR Registrars.
In order for your ITR registration certificates to be issued (mailed out to you by post), you must submit the fully completed ITR Litter Registration Form. The ITR Registrars will check to ensure that your payment has arrived on the ITR bank account and that any missing health certificates (for the parent dogs, etc) are on file. If anything is missing, you may be requested to submit it before the ITR paperwork (registration certificates) will be issued.
TYPES OF REGISTRATION
Any ITR registered breeder who has bred a litter of Tamaskan puppies from an ITR registered sire and dam can have that litter registered with the ITR. After the litter registration process is complete, the breeder will receive their puppies’ ITR Registration Certificates directly from the ITR, which they can then give/mail out to the new owners of their puppies. The ITR Registration Certificate includes the dog’s personal information (date of birth, sex, microchip number, parents, etc.) as well as a 3-generation pedigree (parents / grandparents / great-grandparents) and the health test results for the puppy’s parents. The type of registration depends on certain conditions:
Full ITR Registration
Full Registration* is issued to all Tamaskan offspring born from registered Tamaskan parents that have met the following ITR breeding requirements:
- Both Sire and Dam must have ITR Registration Certificate (or TDR Registration Certificate issued prior to 1 July 2019);
- Both Sire and Dam must be DNA profiled by Neogen GeneSeek to verify parentage / correct pedigree;
- Both Sire and Dam must be hip scored and elbow scored (with passing results);
- Both Sire and Dam must have had eyes examined by a veterinary ophthalmologist (with passing results);
- Both Sire and Dam must be DNA tested for Degenerative Myelopathy (DM) and/or Clear By Parentage (at least one parent in every mating must be DM Clear).
*Tamaskan Dogs with Full ITR Registration may be used for breeding once they have passed all of the ITR required health testing.
Conditional ITR Registration
Conditional Registration* is issued to any Tamaskan offspring born from registered Tamaskan parents that have NOT met the aforementioned ITR breeding requirements. (For instance, in the event whereby the sire and/or dam were not completely health tested prior to litter registration.) Conditional Registration also includes Tamaskan offspring born of a sire and/or dam without a passing hip score or some other undesirable genetic condition (depending on specific case-by-case circumstances and with prior COB approval). Conditional Registration can be amended and become Full Registration if the dog in question meets the established ITR requirements (pending review by the COB).
*Tamaskan Dogs with Conditional ITR Registration may only be used for breeding once they have qualified for Full ITR Registration.
AMENDING CONDITIONAL REGISTRATION FOR OUTCROSS LITTERS
All puppies from an outcross litter are automatically given Conditional ITR Registration. These puppies are registered as Tamaskan Dogs but they have an extra set of requirements to fulfill in order to qualify as future breeding dogs. The first step towards becoming eligible for breeding is to obtain Full ITR Registration. This can be done once the dog has reached 12+ months of age and this entails completion of the following two evaluations:
- Offspring from an outcross litter are required to undergo a third party evaluation for temperament by a dog–training professional who specializes in canine behaviour / psychology. Specifically, the dog’s temperament will need to be evaluated in relation to that of the Tamaskan Dog breed standard. The dog–training professional who conducts the evaluation will need to provide a written statement (in English) declaring that the dog is of sound temperament. The written statement must appropriately identify the dog by registered name and microchip number, and it must be signed and dated by the dog–training professional.
- Offspring from an outcross litter are required to undergo a third party evaluation for conformation by a judge or breeder who specializes in conformation. Specifically, the dog’s conformation will need to be evaluated in relation to that of the Tamaskan Dog breed standard. The judge or breeder who conducts the evaluation will need to provide a written statement (in English) declaring that the dog is of sound conformation. The written statement must appropriately identify the dog by registered name and microchip number, and it must be signed and dated by the judge or breeder.
Once these evaluation statements have been submitted to the ITR, the dog may complete the mandatory health testing that is required of all breeding dogs; the full list of requirements for a ITR breeder are listed here. Once the dog has satisfactorily passed all the required health testing (in addition to the two evaluations listed above) the dog will qualify for Full ITR Registration and, as such, will be eligible for breeding.
Limited ITR Registration
Limited Registration* is issued to any Tamaskan offspring, born from registered Tamaskan parents, that fails to meet the Tamaskan Breed Standard:
- Blue Eyes or Heterochromia (two differently colored eyes)
- Incorrect coat color (Extreme Piebald, Liver/Brown, Dilute/Blue/Silver, Merle, Brindle, etc)
- A physical deformity identified prior to registration (cleft palate, etc)
- Any other highly undesirable qualities that deem the dog unsuitable for future breeding (as decided by the COB)
*Tamaskan Dogs with Limited ITR Registration may NOT used for breeding under any circumstance, UNLESS a prior exception is granted by the COB (depending on the specific circumstances of each case).